It is incredibly important to be properly prepared for your dental treatment in Poland. The first step you should take is to find the most suitable and safe offer of a dental clinic in Poland. The information published on clinics’ websites are usually too general. It may be quite difficult to find the exact answers to your questions or concerns. Therefore, it is recommended to use the most common and also the easiest way of gathering information, which is sending all your questions (regarding the dentists, dental services, clinic, prices etc) directly to the dental clinic you have chosen.
By asking questions, you will get both the necessary information concerning your dental treatments and check how eagerly the agencies and clinics will answer your questions. This is an excellent test that will help you in the decision-making process. Do not hesitate to send a list of detailed questions to the clinics you are interested in. It is all for your health and convenience.
Below, you will find a list of the most important questions you have to ask to your potential clinic.
1. Does the dental clinic have any recommendations from foreign patients, detailed profiles of their dentists with experience and qualifications information?
The most reliable way of deciding about the quality of a dental clinic and the truthfulness of their claims is checking if they can prove the high quality of their dental treatments and patient services. Keep in mind that by booking your visit with a dental travel agency there is no risk that you will end up in a clinic without the required permits. Companies such as Dental Travel Poland cooperate ONLY with well-qualified and trusted dental clinics abroad.
2. Does the clinic offer dental treatment I need? Ask about the dentists’ specializations (Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Endodontics etc)
It is important to know what areas of dentistry you are inquiring about. You have to be sure that the experience of the dentist is enough to address your dental needs. Do not worry If you are not sure what your dental problem is, do not hesitate to describe it carefully. You should get a professional and clear explanation from the clinic in a short time. (It will prove if the clinic is worth your attention)
3. Does the clinic prepare a detailed dental treatment plan?
The treatment plan will be very helpful in situations when, for instance, you want to visit another dental clinic or dentist while your stay abroad. They should know in detail which treatments you have already received and which are planned for you. Therefore, you need to ask the clinic if they provide a report in English.
4. Does the clinic have its own dental laboratory? Or does it cooperate with an external laboratory?
The most professional dental clinics abroad have the laboratory on site. If not, the clinic provides free transport for their patients between the clinic and the laboratory.
5. What kind of help does the clinic offer in organizing your dental travel and accommodation?
The support with the dental travel arrangements and accommodation is mostly offered by dental agencies like Dental Travel Poland. They are able to take care of all the issues related to the travel.
6. What happens if I am not satisfied with the treatment or if there are complications after the surgery?
The situations when the patients are dissatisfied with dental treatment are extremely rare in dental clinics in Poland.
Dental treatments like teeth implants or teeth veneers are always under the warranty (conditions are individual for each clinic). Do not worry, because dental clinics abroad really care about their patients and their satisfaction is the most important for our dentists.
7. In which language will I communicate with the dentists and the clinic staff?
Every dental clinic offering dentistry for foreign patients certainly offers the service in English. It is the most commonly used foreign language, so it is best for you to send enquiries in that language. Dentists in Poland also communicate in other languages: German, French, Russian, and even Norwegian or Swedish.
8. Can you put me in touch with some of your former patients?
Our satisfied patients are very happy to share their experience with others. Our professional dental clinics are constantly in touch with their patients. Therefore, it should not be a problem to put you in touch with a person who received the same treatment in the clinic.
The answers to the following questions depend on the particular dental case.
9. What kind of side effects may occur?
10. How long will I have to stay abroad?
11. How long will I have to stay abroad until I am well enough to go home?
12. What happens if I am not satisfied with the treatment or if there are complications after the surgery?
13. What is the exact cost of the treatment?
14. Can any additional costs occur? What can they relate to?
The above questions are some of the most important ones which you need to ask the dental clinic abroad before you decide if the clinic is the right choice for you or not. There are many more questions you need to consider, regarding the dental treatment process (step by step), side effects, complications, pricing etc. You will receive many answers during the free dental consultation, but the issues discussed above are the key to choose the best place for your dental treatment abroad.