Dental implant Poland is a replacement for the root or roots of a tooth. Just like tooth roots, dental implants are inserted and secured in the jawbone at a lost tooth position and are not visible once surgically placed. They are used to secure crowns, bridgework or dentures. Teeth implants are made of titanium, which is lightweight, strong and biocompatible – that means it is not rejected by the body. While dental implants can be very expensive, you should consider undertaking the procedure abroad. You can get cheap and affordable dental implants in Poland, installed by the best dentists. Dental implants procedure in Poland is divided into 2 stages. First stage lasts 2-3 days, the patient needs to come to our clinic for a personal consultation, while the consultation our implantologist will provide patient with teeth check up and the CT scan. During the next visit, implants will be installed. After the implantation procedure gums and bone need to heal, which lasts from 3 to 6 months.
A good candidate should have healthy gums and have enough bone to anchor the implants in the jaw. However people who lost the bone in their jaw can still get implants, after a special procedure of rebuilding the bone structure – adding bone graft. A good candidate should also make a commitment to taking very good care of the implanted teeth and surrounding gums.
Things you should do after teeth implantation abroad:
- For successful integration of the implant a very high level of hygiene is essential. You need to focus on proper everyday care, which includes: brushing your teeth, flossing, using antibacterial mouthwash and irrigation. Although remember: don’t rinse vigorously or probe the area with any objects. You may brush your teeth gently.
- If there is minimal bleeding, saltwater rinses may begin 24 hours after surgery. Rinses should be done 2-3 times a day, especially after eating.
- During the first hour after the procedure, bite down gently but firmly on the gauze packs that have been placed over the surgical areas, making sure they remain in place. Do not change them for the first hour unless the bleeding is not controlled.
- Follow-up examinations and checkups with your dentist are very important.
- Take the prescribed medicines according to the instructions.
- Talk as little as possible the day after the implants procedure.
- You should minimize your activities after the surgery, you should rest in bed or on the couch.
- Swelling is a normal occurrence though it can be minimized by using a cold pack or ice bag applied firmly to the cheek.
- Eat any nourishing food that can be taken with comfort. It is very important not to skip meals. If you eat regularly you will feel better, gain strength and heal faster.
Things you should avoid after teeth implant procedure Poland:
- Give up smoking. Smoking is a risk factor for complications and it will retard healing, increase discomfort and the chance of dry sockets.
- Avoid drinking alcohol and coffee as well.
- After the implants procedure avoid the hard physical work, bending, lifting, sport, sauna visit, as these activities can cause postoperative bleeding, swelling and pain.
- Don’t suck, because it can cause postoperative bleeding. Do not use a straw for the first few days after surgery.
- Don’t touch the implanted area with fingers or tongue.
- Try not bite on the surgical site. It is best to avoid of hard and chewy foods like rice, nuts, hard bread, seeds, popcorn, crunchy vegetables etc.Over the next several days you may gradually progress to solid foods.
- For a few days avoid the spicy and hot foods.
Marek is a great fan of medical tourism. He believes that medical tourism is a huge chance for many people, who cannot afford treatment in their home country.
+44 748 315 53 11